- 3+ years of mechanical design experience.
- 2+ years of sheet metal design and manufacturing experience.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Knowledge and proficient use of Solidworks 3D design software. Preferably 3 years minimum experience.
- Knowledge and proficient use of CAD systems.
- Knowledge and proficient use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in sheet metal cabinet construction. Knowledge of tubular steel and pole construction an asset.
- Knowledge and implementation of DFMA and FMEA preferable.
- Knowledge and experience evaluating design tradeoffs to achieve the most efficient cost effective designs.
- Knowledge of welding and associated codes.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tool, and principals involved in production of precision technical drawings and models.
- Telecom experience is a plus, especially the wireless industry.
- Professional and effective English communication skills. Ability to communicate information through speech and in writing to be easily understood by all personal, internal and external. Must maintain a level of confidentiality.
- Promote proper business casual attire to portray a positive and professional image.
- Must work well in a fast paced, group and team R&D environment but also thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, where independent critical thinking and quick follow-on execution is valued.
- Ability to stay abreast of industry trends, best practice and customer standards.
- Must have excellent organizational skills, follow-up, follow-through and strong attention to detail.
- Must have a current, valid driver's license and meet Sabre's vehicle insurability requirements.
- Must be willing and able to travel, including overnight stays.
- Ability to use hand tools for light assembly/modification of test and prototype articles for third party or in-house lab work.
- Position will include an office environment, customer and vendor locations. Position will require working on a computer, phone and with general office equipment. Regularly required to use hands to work on the computer, finger, handle or grasp, reach with hands and arms. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must use a 3D Mouse and mouse gestures for command and execution of models and drawings.
Do you meet the above requirements?
Are you a current Sabre employee?
Employee Id #:
Why are you interested in this position:
Please complete work history section & include current Sabre employment.